Health Fitness Wellness Club’s mission is to be your most trusted ally in your pursuit of health and well-being. We’re committed to bringing you authoritative, approachable, and actionable content that inspires and guides you toward the best possible health outcomes for you and your family. The content and experiences produced by Health Fitness Wellness Club are created under strict editorial and medical guidelines to ensure accuracy, currency and clarity.
Health Fitness Wellness Club is funded through the sale of advertising that appears on its properties, which include websites, apps, social media and partner publications. Be assured that we’re absolutely inflexible about our editorial autonomy. Other than input about broad topic areas, we never allow sponsors to influence Health Fitness Wellness Club’s editorial content. In some cases, Health Fitness Wellness Club may create co-branded or branded content in partnership with our sponsors, and/or present content created by our sponsors. This content is ALWAYS clearly labeled, and is detailed in sections 5 and 6 below. Here are the specific guidelines we follow about the types of advertising we accept:
1. We review the ads.
We maintain sole discretion for determining the types of ads that will be accepted and displayed on Health Fitness Wellness Club properties. We reserve the right to reject, cancel, or remove any ads at any time and for any reason. We will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any ad, along with an explanation. We also reserve the right to determine the appropriate placement of ads on Health Fitness Wellness Club properties.
2. We don’t endorse any advertised products or services.
Although products may appear on our site in the form of advertisements, under no circumstances shall our acceptance of any ad be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised, or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes these product(s) or service(s). In some cases, Health Fitness Wellness Club’s editorial team may rate or rank certain products or services. These ratings or rankings are determined solely by the editorial team(s) without regard to any financial or advertising relationship that may exist with companies that provide the product or services.
3. We will not accept certain types of ads.
We will not accept any ad that is factually inaccurate and/or, in our opinion, in poor taste. Pharmaceutical advertising is only accepted for approved indication(s) as determined by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Advertised products must be in market and readily available. Health Fitness Wellness Club will not permit, at any time, the placement of any ad for harmful, illegal or objectionable products or services. Ads must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or disability. Ads must not be related to alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency. All ads must clearly identify the advertiser. Any ad that could be misconstrued as editorial content will be clearly labeled as an advertisement.
4. We clearly distinguish ads from editorial content.
In every instance, we maintain a distinct separation between advertisements and editorial content. All ads on Health Fitness Wellness Club properties are clearly and unambiguously identified as such. Clicking on an ad will take the user to an advertiser’s site or to a sponsor’s resource center hosted on a Health Fitness Wellness Club property. Sponsored resource centers are labeled as such, with the name of the sponsoring entity displayed.
5. We clearly distinguish between sponsored and non-sponsored content.
Health Fitness Wellness Club seeks sponsorships from trusted and credible research organizations, manufacturers, and other service providers. Sponsorships provide financial benefit to Health Fitness Wellness Club, but also benefit our users by providing current information on health services, medications, and treatments. Editorial content sponsored by an advertiser is subject to our editorial policy and is reviewed by our editorial staff and Medical Affairs team. When content is provided by or influenced by a named sponsor, we take meaningful steps to ensure our users will not confuse that sponsored content with Health Fitness Wellness Club’s own original editorial content. Here are the types of sponsored content Health Fitness Wellness Club presents:
• Sponsored content: Sponsored content refers to content that is created by Health Fitness Wellness Club covering a topic area that is relevant to an advertiser. Health Fitness Wellness Club has sole editorial control, and no advertiser has any input into the content beyond the broad topic area. Sponsored content will be labeled in one of the following ways: “sponsored by our partners,” “sponsored by,” “from our sponsor,” or “brought to you by.”
• Co-branded content: This content is created in partnership with our sponsor and may have a sponsor logo on the page, article, video, or other content. The content adheres to Health Fitness Wellness Club’s editorial guidelines and may include products, promotions or links to an advertiser’s site. In some cases, a portion of the content will be created, or directed by an advertiser. Co-branded content will be labeled with the sponsors logo, as well as the following text: “Made in partnership with BRAND NAME.”
• Brand pages: Health Fitness Wellness Club may host webpages that present content that is created by our sponsors or advertisers. This content does not undergo an editorial or medical review by Health Fitness Wellness Club, and Health Fitness Wellness Club is not responsible for providing the products or services described on these pages. These pages are hosted as a viewer resource, and are not meant to imply recommendations or endorsements. Brand pages are labeled: “Paid for by.”
• Native advertising: Native advertising refers to links or ads that link to other content. These links may direct users to other content on Health Fitness Wellness Club properties, or may link to an advertiser or sponsor owned page. These links are displayed in the space between paragraphs of a Health Fitness Wellness Club article, along the right side of a content page and/or at the bottom of a page below an article or other content. In cases these links direct viewers to co-sponsored content, brand pages or sponsor owned web pages, such links will be labeled with one or more of the following: “Sponsored,” or “Paid for by.”
• Social media posts: Health Fitness Wellness Club may present advertising messages, advertisements or sponsored posts in its social media channels. These advertisements will be labeled “#ad” and may also include “#sponsored,” “#PartnerPromotion,” or “#HLsponsor.”
6. Affiliate program
(ecommerce links in Health Fitness Wellness Club content) As part of the article creation process, our health and wellness editors will occasionally include links to relevant products they feel could be useful to our readers. While all products are chosen independently, we want you to know that Health Fitness Wellness Club may receive a payment if you make a purchase at the retailer’s site within 24 hours of clicking on one of the links we provide.
7. We clearly distinguish content that is part of a Partner program.
Occasionally Health Fitness Wellness Club will work with products, services or organizations that align with our mission. Health Fitness Wellness Club vets these products, services or organizations for quality and only presents what it feels is valuable to and in the best interest of our users. Health Fitness Wellness Club does not medically review the content and is not responsible for providing the products or services described on these pages. Any partner content of this type will be labeled with the following language, “The following is paid for by our sponsor. The sponsor of this content has sole editorial control.” In the instances where Health Fitness Wellness Club receives a payment when users purchase, or sign up for the product or service the page may also include this language, “Health Fitness Wellness Club and our partners may receive a portion of revenues if you make a purchase using a link above.” Partner pages may also include a “what’s this” link that takes users to a page that explains the nature of the partnership.